Monday, February 24, 2014

How to Stay Awake at the Gym

Are you too tired for weights after doing 45 minutes of cardio?

Are you going to the floor to lift weights without doing any cardio at all before and your heart rate isn't bumped up enough to start off?

These are some mistakes people make.

My recommendation: Start off with 15 minutes of cardio. Hit the floor and perform your body-building exercises. After you're done, switch back to cardio and finish off your cardio workout.

If your floor exercise is vigorous and intense, maybe do half of the workout after the cardio warm-up, go back to cardio, and then go back to weights, then cool down by walking the treadmill.

This always works for me.  In the past, I used to do a full cardio workout before weights. I noticed I was so tired when I started my floor routine, and I knew something was wrong.

I tried the technique above, and I was more fueled during my floor workout.  I had enough energy to lift and not feel weak or tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment